Monday, July 14, 2014

Arrival in Tijuana

Alright then yall I have officially landed in Tijuana! After landing in San Diego around 10:30am (PST) the pastor, whose name is Daniel, picked me up immediately from the airport. After that he took me to the condo in San Diego where his son lives with his wife, newborn son and mother stay. After being introduced to the family we went immediately to work! We picked up backpacks to bring back to Tijuana with us for the childrens ministry they do in Tijuana at their church. Then we ran a few other errands, he gave me a tour of the downtown San Diego area and we picked up my partner from the airport. I was a bit surprised, actually quite surprised, by how big of a change it was once we crossed the border. Even the poorest neighborhoods in the US don't compare to the poor neighborhoods here. The people seem very down to Earth and friendly so far, and I am looking forward to learning all I can and hopefully not getting in peoples way!

I will be staying in a dorm behind the sanctuary in a neighborhood called El Nino. It seems to be a somewhat poor area, but the tacos we had at a taco shack were super good! I think I can get used to this authentic Mexican food thing. I'll be checking in with insights and pictures and what not on as regular a basis as I can once I get my schedule somewhat figured out so stay alert for upcoming news! I'll also be keeping my facebook updated if you guys want to check that out too!

Thanks and God bless,






Jordan

Prayer requests:
- Getting settled in to Tijuana.
- Physical and spiritual safety as I am in a new, foreign environment with new challenges and risks.
- That I will be physically healthy because they apparently have a lot of work for us to do! I would hate to get sick and leave them hanging on the work. So physical health is important!

No comments:

Post a Comment