Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Updates and Such! Holla!

Hey folks,

Been a minute since I posted a new message. Just a quick update on what's going down in the life and times of yours truly. Johanna, the woman who came with me to Tijuana, is leaving Friday morning to return to Las Vegas. So starting Friday I will be the only American working at the church, which I am totally fine with, but it will definitely be different to be on my own so to speak.
I am also in the planning stages, and I will have a meeting with the Pastor and his family once he gets back from South Africa, about starting free English classes for the kids in the church. It has been on my heart/mind to start English classes for the kids in the church, and possibly later outside the church, as a ministry. I enjoy constructing houses and what not, don't get me wrong, but my talents definitely lie more in working with people and relating with people from different cultures. I think teaching basic English classes would be an awesome way to serve the people of the church since English classes are not easy to find and are typically expensive. I relish the potential opportunity to add this to my list the list of ways God is using me in the community.
So as usual, I appreciate the prayers and hope that you will continue to keep me in your prayers as I continue to be stretched and molded by God!

Love you guys,
Jordan

Prayer requests:
- Safe return for Pastor Daniel and his wife from South Africa this weekend.
- Prayer that God would mold and shape this English teaching idea into something he can use for His glory.
- Prayer for a safe trip back home for Johanna.
- Prayer for continued physical health as we have been doing a few construction jobs lately and it can be semi-dangerous working with power tools and transporting materials around work sites.
- Prayer that I would be a Godly example of an older male Christian to the young guys I have begun to have an influence on. I have my own posse so to speak and I want to show them that you can have fun in life and still maintain a close relationship with the Lord.
- Prayers of thanksgiving that He has already blessed me with amazing friendships and that I would continue to make new ones.
- Finally, prayer that God would lead me on my next steps in life. I have a lot to consider in the next month or so regarding what I do after this is over. I have considered trying to get a job at the US Embassy in Tijuana, attempting to stay on longer as a missionary (which would require that I find a way to get more funding), and I have considered attempting to stay in the San Diego area as well. I love it down here, and I would love the opportunity to work close to the church down here so I could stay involved in what they are doing.

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment